Tuesday, October 29, 2019

2019 Seattle School Board Position 1 / Primary

Editors note:

My hope is that my platform is not a claim or an ideology but an insight into what is true.

This is my second campaign the first I was a manager and the second a candidate. I could never tire of speaking to constituents. In both campaigns I received emails and phone calls from citizens with deeply meaningful concerns and every one of them held a hope and faith despite hardship. This experience, although brief, is something I will always treasure.

I continue to advocate for youth and please check back for new posts.

Please feel free to contact me and keep the conversation ongoing.

I contacted both opponents and will share your concerns.

Again, thank you.

Sincerely,

Darcie Kline

 

******

Candidate Darcie Kline

I am a parent of three students in Seattle Public Schools and I attended grade school and middle school in Seattle Public Schools.

I have worked as an advocate for students with Specific Learning Disabilities (SLD) for nearly 15 years at the school, district, state and Federal level. I worked with parents and guardians consulting on issues around special education.

The Seattle School District has over a 1 billion dollar budget with over 100 schools. It has been consistently difficult if not impossible to track the Special Education funding let alone the rest of the funds. As taxpayers we need the school district finances to be transparent.

Further, it is concerning how far the district has gotten from teaching the fundamentals of reading, writing and arithmetic and developing critical thinking skills. The current focus of education is placed on socializing the student resulting in subverting the parental role.

If elected I would first ask to review the finances and focus on reducing the administrative cost. I would seek to direct funding to the schools giving them more autonomy and the ability to more specifically represent local families.

I would be honored and accountable if given the opportunity to serve the citizens of Seattle. Please consider voting for me.

The following posts are on subjects I think worthy of consideration. I would hope this information is relevant for your consideration. That being said, nothing posted should be construed as to what I believe. It is my hope to open up the dialogue about education.

Regards, Darcie Kline

No comments:

Post a Comment